Legal Counsel with Data Protection, IT and Market Reach expertise
What's the role?
Hilti is looking for a Legal Counsel with profound knowledge of data protection laws and an in-depth understanding of the GDPR to join our Global Legal & Compliance team. You will provide legal advice primarily on marketing activities, thereby acting as expert advisor to the Strategic Marketing team. You will also provide support on other local contractual legal issues, as an interface with the Headquarter Legal Department of Hilti Corporation. This includes implementing and maintaining global legal processes, requirements and projects.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 28,000 people in more than 120 countries we operate with a unique direct sales model and generate around 250,000 customer interactions every day.
What does the role involve?
You will report to the Chief Privacy Officer (CPO), who has a dotted line to the General Counsel at our Headquarters. In this role you will inform, advice and issue recommendations to the various members of the Hilti organization about their obligations to comply with the GDPR and other data protection laws. This includes a proactive approach in identifying risks and implementing mitigating measures in line with the global legal strategy, implementing and maintaining global data protection processes, requirements and projects. You will be responsible to prepare, draft and revise data processing agreements (CtoP, CtoC), project agreements, standard terms & conditions and software agreements. You will monitor data protection impact assessments, data breaches, risk mitigation and internal data protection activities. To demonstrate compliance you will keep up-to-date of the record of processing activities and any other records required. You will be a point of contact for individuals exercising their individual data subject rights and will advise on marketing projects and foster a culture of risk awareness and data protection within the organization by raising awareness of data protection issues and training staff. Furthermore, you will be responsible to prepare, draft and revise service, software and procurement contracts in line with global contracting standards.
What do we offer?
To further accelerate in digital marketing, we are building our Global Digital Hub in Paris. You will experience the agile mentality of a start-up, combining the stability of a sound business model and the working environment of an award-winning culture. Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
Why should you apply?
This is a varied, cross-functional hands-on role where you quickly gain an understanding of the sales force, marketing, IT and procurement processing operations, as well as the marketing activities and data protection needs of the Hilti Group.
What you need is:
- Law University Master’s degree education with a focus on Data Protection, Information Technology and Marketing and Communication
- Minimum 5 years of full-time professional experience as in-house lawyer or in a law firm in a similar or related role in an international environment
- Business experience ideally in a B2B/Industrial context with an understanding of marketing, IT and digital operations is advantageous
- Certifications related to privacy such as CIPP/E, CIPM, CIPT or CISM and knowledge of the business sector and of the employer’s Marketing & Sales organization are considered an asset
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills with the ability to translate complex legal matters into a daily business context
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders within the organization, such as data subjects, data protection controllers and processors, technical and non-technical teams, across national boundaries and cultures
- Training and didactic skills as well as the ability to prepare necessary material for such purposes
- Fluent (spoken and written) in both English and French; other languages are advantageous