LEGAL COUNSEL DATA PROTECTION AND MARKETING (F/H) - CDI
What's the role?
In this role you will provide legal advice primarily on data protection and so act as a data privacy expert advisor for the Strategic Marketing team. We are looking for a candidate on a full-time basis with immediate effect as successor of a colleague who developed in the role.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries we operate with a unique direct sales model and generate around 250,000 customer interactions every day.
What does the role involve?
This is a varied, cross-functional hands-on role where you quickly gain an understanding of the sales force, marketing, IT and procurement processing operations carried out, as well as the marketing activities and data protection needs of Hilti Corporation. You act as an interface with the Headquarter Legal & Compliance Department of Hilti Corporation, in this capacity you support the implementation and maintenance of global data privacy and data protection processes, requirements locally and participate in global projects. You will support the global indirect procurement process, as you will review Data Processing Agreements, negotiate changes of such where necessary and monitor and assist the market reach team activities to comply with applicable data protection laws. You proactively engage with marketing stakeholders. In your role, you will be reporting to the Global Process Manager Data Protection in the team of our Chief Compliance Officer.
What do we offer?
To further accelerate in digital marketing, we are building our Global Digital Hub in Paris. You will experience the agile mentality of a start-up, combining the stability of a sound business model and the working environment of an award-winning culture. You can make an impact from day one in an international and diverse team by shaping the future of digital at Hilti and revolutionize customer interactions.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes us a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork, ability, and competitive drive. This is a varied, cross-functional hands-on role where you quickly gain an understanding of the sales force, marketing, IT and procurement processing operations carried out, as well as the marketing activities and data protection needs of Hilti Corporation.
What you need is:
- Have a passion and interest in new media, social media, marketing and Data Protection / Privacy, no matter if you are an experienced lawyer or fresh from University – we look for that passion inside you.
- Knowledge of data protection laws around the world – willingness to stay up to date in this regard - and an in-depth understanding of the GDPR.
- To be able to think solution driven to implement legal requirements. Proactive approach in identifying risks and implementing mitigating measures in line with global legal data protection strategy.
- Ability to translate complex legal matter into a daily business context to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders within the Hilti organization, such as data subjects, data protection controllers and processors, technical and non-technical teams, across national boundaries and cultures;
- Expertise with information technology, engagement marketing, information security practices and audits are beneficial.
- Training and didactic skills as well as the ability to prepare necessary material for such purpose;
- Project management skills achieving stated objectives involving a diverse set of stakeholders and managing varied projects;
- Curiosity combining strong digital affinity and analytical skills.
- You speak English fluently and write professionally; additional languages are welcome in particular French, German and Spanish could be a career asset.
During your interviews, you will meet several members of the digital team including leadership. This way you get to know more about us, and we get to know more about you.
Tempted to apply? Click “apply now” and send us your resume (English version) today!
Do you want to know more? Go to https://careers.hilti.com/en/digital-marketing
Join us and #TransformDigital