Lead Data Infrastructure (F/H) - CDI
What's the role?
We are a looking for a Data Engineering Lead who can lead the global data engineering team in Digital Marketing and Sales. An engineering manager who will define the best practices, create and maintain data processing pipelines and frameworks to ensure data is accurate and available. Someone who can contribute to the creation of a world class data engineering team that is efficient and healthy, and has all the tools it needs to support the organization to become truly data-driven, leveraging data to make the best business decisions.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries we operate with a unique direct sales model and generate around 250,000 customer interactions every day.
What does the role involve?
As the Lead Data Engineer, you will support and manage the data engineer team
to define, create and maintain the data processing pipelines and framework for analytics and performance to support Digital Marketing and Sales
Data products across the organization.
As part of the role, you will implement complex automated workflows and routines using workflow scheduling tools. Build continuous integration, test-driven development and production deployment frameworks. Drive collaborative reviews of design, code, test plans and dataset implementation performed by data engineers in support of maintaining data engineering standards. Develop and maintain features in our data warehouse and other platforms is a key part of the role in order to support the availability of data to the team of data scientists and insight managers. Overall, you will ensure that data is properly managed through the organization, setting up processes for data ingestion, data management and data publication.
What do we offer?
To further accelerate in digital marketing, we are building our Global Digital Hub in Paris. You will experience the agile mentality of a start-up, combining the stability of a sound business model and the working environment of an award-winning culture. You can make an impact from day one in an international and diverse team by shaping the future of digital at Hilti and revolutionize customer interactions.
Why should you apply?
Data is second nature to you, you understand the importance of it, and we can best utilize it. You have an eye for detail and the ability to design and develop tools in order to enhance our use of data. Your people management skills are excellent, and you enjoy leading a team, and working with other cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
What you need is:
- 2+ yrs experience as an Engineering Manager / Team lead
- 3+ yrs experience in Data engineering; building data pipelines, across structured and unstructured data
- Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or equivalent
- Experience in creating flexible data structures, defining data layers
- Experience with CI/CD solutions and DataOps
- Ability to translate real-world issues into technical solutions
- Ability to design and implement things like data lineage, data catalogues, operational metadata and data quality; good understanding of commercial and OSS software for these capabilities
- Hands-on experience of technologies like Spark, Hadoop/MapReduce, Airflow, AWS and SQL
- Experience in ML pipeline for streaming/batch workflow as plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audience
- Fluency in English
During your interviews, you will meet several members of the digital team including leadership. This way you get to know more about us, and we get to know more about you.
Tempted to apply? Click “apply now” and send us your resume (English version) today!
Do you want to know more? Go to https://careers.hilti.com/en/digital-marketing
Join us and #TransformDigital